Essentials for Multisport SuccessBook - 1999
In Triathlon 101 , John Mora offers a book full of valuable lessons and insights to help you prepare for and compete in your first triathlon or improve your results the next time out. No other triathlon resource focuses on the unique needs of newcomers to the sport. Inside you will learn how to:
- design your own triathlon training calendar and logbook,
- choose the proper equipment to fit you and your budget,
- eat during training and ""load up"" for racing,
- prevent overtraining and recover quickly from common injuries,
- swim and navigate safely in open water,
- smoothly transition from one sport to the next, and
- taper your training to peak on race day.
Sample training programs, photos featuring the best and most current equipment and correct technique, and expert advice from top pros and coaches-Terry Laughlin, Lauren Jensen, and Troy Jacobson-are provided to help you get off to a great start. Success stories from triathletes who started just like you will increase your motivation and confidence.
Spare yourself the trial-and-error experiences that discourage many from the sport. Be a smart triathlete from the start. Take the best course available for developing multisport athletes- Triathlon 101 ."